UNBEATEN PROSPECT DOMINIQUE FRANCIS PREVIEWS UPCOMING ZUFFA BOXING SHOWDOWN THIS SUNDAY

NEW YORK – July 24, 2026 – Undefeated rising prospect Dominique “Trapp” Francis has big plans to make a statement on his biggest platform yet as the Fighters First Management signee makes his Zuffa debut this Sunday, July 26 on Paramount+ against Argentine contender Hector Andres Sosa.

“Sosa is a tough competitor,” said Francis (16-0, 10 KOs). “We haven’t gotten in there yet, but I’m preparing for the best version of him. I’m gonna go in there and do what I do. He’s not gonna lay down at all. We wanna get in there and shake and bake.

“I want to show everyone exactly who I am. I really know how to box. If people forgot, we’re gonna wake them up. I’m gonna stay disciplined and execute exactly what I need to execute. I want to show a different level of boxing.”

In his first fight since signing with Adrian Clark and Fighters First in 2025, Francis envisions his career hitting the fast lane following an extended absence from the ring since stopping the previously unbeaten Julio Carrera Lugo in October 2024.

“Fighters First Management has really put everything on the right track in my career,” said Francis. “I couldn’t ask for anything better. I’ve been staying diligent every single day and now it’s gonna be my time.”

The Opa-Locka, Miami-native Francis entered the Lugo fight as an underdog, but stole the show in a performance that showed his considerable potential in the sport. Despite now having a strong management and promotional team behind him, Francis insists that his underdog mentality will not waver.

“I’ve been an underdog my whole life, but every dog has his day,” said Francis. “I’m a different type of dog. I treat every opportunity like it’s the fight of my life. Because you don’t know if you’re gonna make it out.”

While Francis’ fight on Sunday is at super featherweight, he acknowledges that he could potentially end up competing for championships at lightweight, a division featuring several top Zuffa fighters. Although these big names loom over his future, Francis has made sure to remain focused on making his own name first.

“I gotta take it one step at a time,” said Francis. “I’m not looking at those other dogs. When I come on the scene and make my noise, they’re gonna have to worry about me. I’m coming to shake it up.”

Without a fight in 2025, the 25-year-old Francis still aimed to make the most of his time, and did so by traveling out to Nebraska to spend time in training camp with boxing legend Terence Crawford. Showing his passion to reach the top tier of boxing, Francis and his father went out to Nebraska with no official invite, instead using the knowledge of Francis’ uncle to find Crawford’s gym and put in work with an eye on one of the generation’s best.

“Me and my dad were just trying to make stuff happen,” said Francis. “It was a really good experience seeing Crawford’s mindset up close. You see that he carries himself like a regular dude, and everyone gravitates to him. That let me show that I just need to keep being myself.”

With veteran coach Derik Santos, along with his father Smith Francis, in his corner, Francis explained his mentality in training camp and how his dedication to hard work day after day helps him be prepared for anything that can happen in the ring.

“I trust my team and I trust my ability,” said Francis. “If you watch too much, you might expect something and then they switch it up on you. You have to be able to make adjustments when you’re in there.

“I like to be a master at what I do, so I love the repetition. I always work hard, so this camp is just more of the same. I’m not trying to play around with a man who’s gonna stand in front of me and try to take my head off.”

For additional information on Fighters First Management, visit www.fightersfirst.com.




AUDIO: Christian Carto talks after win over Hector Andres Sosa






VIDEO: Christian Carto talks after win over Hector Andres Sosa




Carto Decisions Sosa In Front of Capacity Crowd in Philadelphia

Christian Carto scored an eight-round unanimous decision over tough Hector Andres Sosa in front of a huge capacity crowd at 2300 Arena in Philadelphia.

Carto controlled most of the action by landing quick combination and solid foot movement. Sosa had some success when he was able to back Carto up on the ropes. Carto was able to land some solid flurries which he worked behind a nice double jab. Carto had a good eighth round and closed the fight out in style by winning by scores of 79-73, 78-74 and 77-75.

Carto, 121 lbs of Philadelphia is now 20-1. Sosa, 120.4 lbs of Argentina is 14-2.

Atif Oberlton stopped Christian Thomas in round two of a scheduled six-round fight featuring undefeated light heavyweights.

Oberlton dominated the action and in round two battered Thomas from one side of the ring to the other. Oberlton landed a booming left that sent Thomas to the canvas and the fight was stopped at 2:24.

Oberlton, 174.7 lbs of Philadelphia is 7-0 with six knockouts. Thomas, 177 lbs of Las Vegas is 11-1.

Kenny Robles stopped Jerome Conquest after round four of their eight-round junior welterweight bout.

In round three, Robles landed a body that seemed to hurt the leg of Conquest. Conquest tried to fight on as he finished the round and got through round four, but the pain was too much and the fight was stopped.

Robles, 141 lbs of Staten Island, NY 10-2 with four knockouts. Conquest, 139.4 lbs of Philadelphia is 11-8.

In a battle of undefeated fighters with perfect knockout records, Roberto Gomez shocked Quadir Albright by stopping him in round five of their scheduled six-round junior welterweight bout.

It was a back and forth fight with each guy landing hard shots. In round five, Gomez landed several overhand rights on a tired Albright. Finally, a big right hand that was followed up by another hard right that knocked Albright down along the ropes and he was counted out 1:59.

Gomez, 143.4 lbs of Mexico City is 5-0 with five knockouts. Albright, 144.7 lbs of Philadelphia 6-1.

Former world title challenger Junior Wright knocked out Colby Madison in round three of a scheduled six-round heavyweight bout.

In round three, Wright uncorked a overhand right that caught Madison on the chin that sent him plummeting to the canvas and the bout was stopped at 27 seconds.

Wright, 219.4 lbs of Evanston, IL is 19-4-1 with 16 knockouts. Madison. 236.2 lbs of Baltimore., MD is 10-4-2.

Kashon Hutchinson gained his second win over Rasheed Johnson as he took home a six-round unanimous decision in a welterweight bout.

Hutchinson, 148 lbs of Reading, PA won by scores of 58-56 on all cards and is now 10-5-1. Johnson, 148 lbs of Philadelphia is 8-5.

James Martin won a six-round unanimous decision over Alejandro Munera in a junior middleweight contest.

Martin, 153.4 lbs of Philadelphia, PA won by scores of 60-54 scores on all cards and is now 9-3-1. Munera, 149.8 lbs of Medilan, COL is 6-7-4.




Popular Bantamweight Christian Carto Headlines Against Hector Andres Sosa on Saturday, October 1st at The 2300 Arena in Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (September 22, 2022)– A huge night of boxing comes to the 2300 Arena on Saturday, October 1st as Philly favorite, bantamweight Christian Carto takes part in the eight-round main event against once-beaten Hector Andres Sosa.

The eight-bout card is promoted by King’s Promotions.

Carto of Philadelphia is 19-1 with 13 knockouts. The 25 year-old is in his sixth year as a professional, and has quality wins over Alonso Melendez (14-1) and James Smith (12-1). Carto has two consecutive first round knockouts, with his most recent being over Ernesto Sebastian Franzolini on April 22nd at The 2300 Arena.

Sosa of Buenos Aires, Argentina is 14-1 with eight knockouts. The former South American Bantamweight champion is 26 years-old and has wins over Gonzalo Roman Garay (1-0) & Ckari Cani Mansilla (15-1), Sosa is coming off a unanimous decision over Jose Armando Valdes Bernal on September 2nd in Sinaloa, Mexico.

The six-round co-feature will pit one of the top prospects in the sport as it will be a battle of undefeated light heavyweight Atif Oberlton and Christian Thomas.

Oberlton, 24, of Philadelphia boasts a mark of 6-0 with five knockouts. The fighter known as “Lord Pretty Calvo” has faced veteran competition in his early career. He has wins over Jasper McCargo (4-1-2), Erbest Amuzu (26-5) and his last bout when he took a unanimous decision over Robert Burwell on August 20th in Hollywood, Florida.

Thomas of Las Vegas is 11-0 with nine knockouts. Thomas has fought his whole career in Mexico, and will be making his American debut. Thomas is coming off a second round stoppage over Fernando Tamayo Alvarez January 29, 2021 in Tijuana, Mexico.

Six more bouts round out the undercard with some quality matchups featuring outstanding talent.

In eight-round bouts:

Kenny Robles (9-2, 3 KOs) of Staten Island, New York will fight Jerome Conquest (11-, 1 KO) of Philadelphia in a junior welterweight bout.

Colby Madison (10-3-2, 6 KOs) of Baltimore, Maryland takes on former world title challenger Junior Wright (18-4-1, 15 KOs) of Evanston, Illinois in a heavyweight contest.

In Six-Round Bouts:

Quadir Albright (6-0, 6 KOs) of Philadelphia fights Roberto Gomez (4-0, 4 KO) of Mexico City, Mexico in a junior welterweight bout featuring fighters with perfect knockout records.

Kashon Hutchinson (9-5, 2 KOs) of Reading, PA fights Rasheed Johnson (8-4, 3 KOs) of Philadelphia in a welterweight contest. This fight is a rematch of a 2019 fight where Hutchinson won a close unanimous decision.

James Martin (8-3-1) of Philadelphia takes on Alejando Munera (6-6-4) of Medellin, Colombia in a junior middleweight fight.

In a four-round bout, Erisnelsy Castillo of Las Vegas makes his professional debut when he takes on an opponent to be named in a flyweight bout.

Tickets are $75, $100 and $150 and can be purchased at the Following Link:

https://2300arena.showare.com/orderticketsvenue.asp?p=432