Gaumont and Khataev in Action, with Kean and Joanisse Coming Back on December 11!

MONTREAL, October 10, 2025 — The Outaouais region will be treated to the best of local and international boxing on December 11, as EOTTM returns to Casino Lac-Leamy to close out the year with a bang. Headlining the event, Buckingham’s pride Alexandre Gaumont will face Ramadan Hiseni, while Olympic medalist and top-10 light heavyweight contender Imam Khataev will fight in the co-main event. Also making big comebacks in Gatineau: Simon Kean and former world champion Vanessa Lepage-Joanisse!

“As always, it’s a privilege to fight in front of my people. This will be the biggest test of my career, and my first scheduled 10-round fight, but I’m not worried. After two back-to-back training camps, I’ll be in the best shape of my life—and with the crowd behind me, I’ll be stronger than ever,” promised Alexandre Gaumont.

Nicknamed “King Cogne” for his impressive punching power, Alexandre Gaumont (13-0, 9 KOs) will be making his second appearance of the year. Last April, he scored the KO of the night by stopping French champion Mathis Lourenco in the 4th round. It will also be his second main event at Casino Lac-Leamy, having knocked out Uruguayan champion Andres Viera in round 2 last October.

However, Swiss contender Ramadan Hiseni (21-2-2, 8 KOs) represents the toughest opponent of Gaumont’s pro career. Last year, he came to Quebec and surprised fans by earning a draw against former EOTTM prospect Shamil Khataev. Having won his last two fights, Hiseni also promises to be in the best shape of his life, fresh from a training camp in Germany with none other than Osleys “El Tornado” Iglesias.

“Last time I fought an Eye of the Tiger boxer, I’m convinced I should’ve won. It’s always harder to win on the road, so this time I won’t leave any doubt. It’ll be veni, vidi, vici for me on December 11,” said Ramadan Hiseni, who has only two losses by decision in 25 fights.

In the co-main event, world top-10 contender and Olympic medalist Imam Khataev (10-1, 9 KOs) returns to Quebec after three international appearances—in the U.S., Australia, and Russia. Last July, he wowed thousands of fans and tens of thousands of viewers in New York, when, on a Ring Magazine card, he became the first to knock down former world champion David Morrell Jr., before narrowly losing via a highly controversial split decision.

“I still believe the judges should have awarded the win to Imam Khataev. But what matters is that the whole world saw Imam that night. Now we move forward, and I must say, we’re especially proud to bring a boxer of this caliber to Gatineau. Alongside Alex Gaumont, it’s the best of both worlds, and I believe this will be the best card since our return to the Outaouais,” said EOTTM President Camille Estephan.

Other Eye of the Tiger rising stars Avery Martin Duval (14-0-1, 8 KOs) and Thomas Chabot (11-0, 8 KOs) will also be in action on December 11. Adding to the night’s excitement, former heavyweight world champion Vanessa Lepage-Joanisse (7-2, 2 KOs) will return to the ring for the first time since July 2024. Also returning: Mauricie’s “Grizzly” Simon Kean (23-2, 22 KOs), stepping into the ring after over two years of absence.

“A lot of people will wonder why. The answer is simple: unfinished business. I still have some scores to settle in professional boxing,” explained Olympian Simon Kean, who has publicly expressed his interest in facing Arslanbek Makhmudov several times in recent years…

Tickets for #GaumontHiseni, taking place on December 11 at Casino Lac-Leamy, are on sale now via Ticketmaster (HERE). The event will also be broadcast starting at 6:30 PM on Punching Grac




NIGHT OF THE GIANTS JUST GOT BIGGER: All-Heavyweight Undercard to Support Fury-Ngannou Super Fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (Sept. 28, 2023) — Unbeaten British heavyweight standouts Fabio Wardley and David Adeleye will meet in a high-stakes clash Saturday, Oct. 28 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The 12-round battle of emerging stars will serve as the chief support contest to the historic showdown between WBC & lineal heavyweight boxing world champion Tyson Fury and lineal MMA heavyweight world champion Francis Ngannou.
 
The premier combat sports event of the year, which marks the opening of Riyadh Season – the world’s biggest entertainment event – features a night of action delivered by boxing’s marquee division, the heavyweights.
 
Former WBO world champion Joseph Parker (32-3, 22 KOs), from Auckland, New Zealand, goes up against Canada’s Simon Kean (23-1, 22 KOs), and bone-crunching puncher Arslanbek Makhmudov (17-0, 16 KOs), also residing in Canada, takes on Croatian veteran Agron Smakici (19-2, 17 KOs). Both fights are scheduled for 10 rounds.
 
And, in a special six-round special attraction, 18-year-old heavyweight phenomenon Moses Itauma (5-0, 3 KOs) will face an opponent to be named.
 
This unprecedented heavyweight spectacular is promoted by Queensberry, Top Rank and GIMIK Fight Promotions, along with Eye Of The Tiger, promoter of Kean and Makhmudov.
 
Fury-Ngannou and the heavyweight undercard will be available on pay-per-view in the United States.
  
Ipswich’s Wardley (16-0, 15 KOs) became English champion in 2021 with a first-round stoppage of Nick Webb before capturing British honors with a third-round TKO of Nathan Gorman last November. He is coming off a fourth-round TKO over Michael Coffie in April.
 
Adeleye (12-0, 11 KOs), from London, is the current WBO European champion, having won his maiden professional title by defeating the previously unbeaten Dmytro Bezus at York Hall in February and subsequently stopping Emir Ahmatovic in June.
 
The Adeleye-Wardley rivalry hit new heights at the Fury-Ngannou press conference in London earlier this month, as the fighters and their camps brawled on the red carpet. The melee left Wardley with cuts above his left eye and under his chin.
 
“I’ve got a clean bill of health,” Wardley said. “Nothing has changed. I am still feeling strong, moving hard, and hitting new numbers.
 
“I don’t know how to quantify how my desire to win by knockout has increased after what happened but, yes, substantially. Massively, because I am a professional person and I like to act like a professional, but if you want to go early, then that’s fine, and I am ready to go at any minute.
 
“When those situations occur, all it does is fuel the fire more. All you have done is made it worse for yourself. You’ve made me train harder, you’ve made me work for it more, you’ve made me want it more.”
 
Adeleye said, “I’m really looking forward to competing on the global stage in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Everywhere I go, people are talking about this fight. I intend to put on a show and display why I’m the best young heavyweight out there.”
 
Parker captured the WBO crown in 2016 with a points triumph over future champion Andy Ruiz Jr. in Auckland. He made two title defenses before an unsuccessful unification fight against Anthony Joshua in 2018. He won the WBO Intercontinental championship in May 2021 with a decision victory over Derek Chisora, making a successful defense against the Chisora seven months later.  
 
Parker lost a bid for the WBO Interim world title against Joe Joyce last September, but he has enjoyed a successful 2023 with wins over Jack Massey and Faiga Opelu.  Kean won the WBC International Silver championship in 2019 with a defeat of former world champion Siarhei Liakhovich, making a successful defense against Daniel Martz the following year. He has won eight straight via the short route, most recently notching a seventh-round stoppage over Eric Molina in March.
 
Parker said, “I’m looking forward to being back in Saudi Arabia. It was great the last time I was there to support another fighter and boxing event. This time I’m going to take care of business in my own fight against a tough challenge in Simon Kean. It is fantastic to be on this card and to be part of this major event. My preparations are on point. There is not long to go now.”
 
Kean said, “This is the moment all fighters dream of their whole career. This is what I’ve been working for and asking for. It’s time to deliver.”
 
Makhmudov won the WBC Continental Americas strap in 2019, becoming the first man to stop Jonnie Rice. He went on to win the NABF and NABO belts with a slew of wins over notable opponents, including Pavel Sour, Erkan Teper and Mariusz Wach. Makhmudov had a triumphant United States debut in July, obliterating Raphael Akpejiori in two rounds. Smakici challenged for the vacant European title in his last fight, but he suffered a loss to the undefeated Agit Kabayel. The Croatian’s only other setback came against then-unbeaten Zhan Kossobutskiy in 2019.
 
Makhmudov said, “Saudi Arabia is a very special place for me. It’s always been my goal to fight there, so I’m grateful to have this opportunity. I’m looking forward to putting on a great show.”




Mbilli stops Ware in 2

Christian Mbilli remained undefeated with a second round stoppage over DeAndre Ware in a scheduled 10-round super middleweight bout at The Montreal Casino.

In round one, Mbilli dropped Ware with a left hook. In round two, Mbilli landed a left to the body that was followed by a big right over the top for a second knockdown. Mbilli ended things with another hard right that put Ware down and the fight was halted.

Mbilli of Montreal is 22-0 with 20 knockouts. Ware of Toledo, OH is 15-4-2.

In a dubious fight, Simon Kean was awarded a first round stoppage when Newfel Ouatah took a knee just after the bell rang in their 10-round heavyweight bout.

The time was 11 seconds.

Kean of Canada is 22-1 with 21 knockouts. Ouatah of France is 18-5.

Mary Spencer stopped Cynthia Lozano in the opening round of their 10-round welterweight bout,

In round one, Spencer dropped Lozano with a hard left. Spencer landed four more hard shots and the bout was stopped at 1:03.

Spencer of Montreal is now 7-0 with five knockouts. Lozano of Monterrey, MEX is 9-2.

Martin Avery-Duval won a six-round unanimous decision over Mathias Ezequiel Guenemil.

Scores were 59-55 twice and 58-56 for Duval of Montreal who is now 8-0-1. Guenemil of Buenos Aires, ,ARG is 9-3-1.

Leila Beaudoin won a six-round unanimous decision over Karla Ramos Zamora.

Scores were 58-56 on all cards for Beaudoin of Canada who is now 7-0. Zamora of Mexico City is 9-9.

Luis Santana won a six-round unanimous decision over Cristian Rodriguez Gonzalez in a lightweight bout.

Santana of Montreal is 7-0. Gonzalez of Buenos Aires, ARG is 11-15-1.

Christopher Guerrero won a four-round unanimous decision over Jose Avila Ibarra.

In round two, Guerrero dropped Ibarra with a right hand.

Guerrero of Montreal is 4-0. Ibarra of Torreon, MX is 2-2.